Privacy & Cookies
We respect your right to privacy.
Any details that you give to us via this website or in any other way may be added to our database. You do not have to give us any personal information in order to use most of this website. However, if you wish to take advantage of some of the more special personalised services that we offer, you will need to provide certain information.
Use of Personal Details
Our database of personal details (however we collect these details) is used by us, and third parties acting on our behalf, for client administration and marketing related purposes.
We may occasionally send you mailings which you have requested or we feel may interest you and/or are relevant to your business. Such mailings may include details of our products and services; newsletters; briefing notes and legal updates; and invitations to our various training seminars and other events.
We do not rent, sell or disclose your contact details to any other third party.
Contacting us about your information
If you would like to see the information we hold about you or would like to be removed from our database and/or any mailing lists, please contact our database manager.
To help us keep our database up-to-date, we would be grateful if you would let us know as soon as any of your contact details change or if you notice any inaccuracies in them. Please also let us know if you no longer wish to receive information or services from us.
- We use analytic cookies to understand how our site is being used. This measures the number of visitors and tells us how they navigate the site.
- Play video content on the site, Vimeo.com and Brightcove set analytics cookies to measure performance.
- We offer sharing tools (Facebook,Twitter etc) – If you use these the sharing tools those sites set a variety of cookies.
We seek to maintain compliance with the ICO regulations in force from 26-May 2012. It is widely accepted that the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC’s) clear and concise guidance on cookie regulations, though not constituting legal advice, provides the best guidance in lieu of any official documentation from ICO which is not yet available.
To that end we categorise cookie use as follows:
- Strictly necessary: to fit this category, the cookie must be “related to a service provided on the website that has been explicitly requested by the user”. Obvious cases include shopping cart cookies and access to protected areas. We also include cookies which remember previously entered text so it is not lost if the page refreshes in this category. This is inline with ICC suggestion.
- Performance based: the ICC guidelines includes analytics, advertising and Pay Per Click cookies in this category – provided they only store anonymous data and cannot therefore be used for behavioural targeting of ads.
- Functionality based: these include cookies that remember user choices so that they have a more personalised experience. This may include detecting if the user has already seen a popup so that it isn’t shown again, submitting comments and remembering colours, text size, etc.
- Targeting/ advertising based: primarily these are the cookies that the ICO regulations were originally aimed at. This is aimed at cookies such as those which serve up targeted ads. The ICC guidance on these cookies, advises website owners to get clear, explicit consent from users if a site employs such technology. We do not use any cookies of this type.
We do not ask user consent for category one, two & three cookies on our websites in accordance with ICC Guidance (PDF file) that no opt-in is required for these types of cookies by the user. We do not use any category four cookies, and would always ask for permission if we did.
If you have further concerns or questions over our cookie usage, then we welcome and encourage you to get in touch.
For general information about cookies and how to disable them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
For information on how to opt out of Google Analytic cookies: Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On.
We would be grateful if you would also contact us if you have any comments on this site or have spotted any errors or non-functioning parts of the site.